Lil Rose Thorn

Thursday, August 10, 2006

All about me!

I bought yarn today!!!! I found some lace yarn and pattern for my Lace Swap buddy! Very excited, hope they will like it. I also got this for myself. I have no idea how to do this yet but the very nice lady at the yarn store says I can visit anytime if I have problems. She doesn’t know she had just invited the clumsiest and hardest to explain things to person in the world (well, maybe not the world but to my Mother, I am ^_^) N.E. ways this is what I bought

It’s 100% Pure New Zealand Wool. I plan on using it as a stress ball (I just hold it and everything bad goes away!) for the time being till I get the courage to start it. The lady at the store said that this pattern will be a challenge for me cuz I’m such a “beginner knitter”. I’ve been knitting scarves since I can remember but lace knit can be a different story. But the yarn was so pretty and soft that I had to get it.

Next is the Piggy poit holder I am making for cousin in Toronto, he's born in the year of the pigs and in his appartment he has a lot of stuffs of pigs (a small collection of it is from me ^_^). This was what I had last night

this what what I did this evening. The difference is about an inch and a quarter^_^.

The yarn is 100% cotton I got from Michael's.

Tomorrow I'm taking a litle road trip with some friends from work. And the evening after I'm gonna be partying with my non work friends cuz it's one of their's birthday. So busy busy weekend for me ^_^.

that's all for now, post ya later!

3 Comments:

Blogger knitabulous said...

Rosanna, that yarn and pattern look perfect for a beginner lace knitter. I did the triangular one myself about a year ago, it was one of my first lace projects and I made many mistakes in it, even though I loved it anyway. Everyone's got to start somewhere, and judging by the quality of your softies and other craft I'd say you'll be a natural.

You've got the makings of a very fine blog here, lots of lovely show and tell, keep it up. ;-)
)

8/10/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the yarn is georgeous and Fiddlesticks knitting patterns are so very well written. just remember--if you can make a YO and you can decrease, you can totally make something lace. that thought always makes me feel confident, no matter how complex a lace pattern is! ps. you should be receiving even more yarn and patterns for lace soon. (sending the package this week, but i have no idea how long it will take to get from where i am in the US to where you are!)

8/14/2006  
Blogger annmarie said...

I believe I have a little 300m skein of that same laceweight. Is it Artisan from Margaret Stove in New Zealand? Bee-you-tiful colors! :)

8/26/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home